Can you tell that I am full force into fall mode? It’s true. When the weather dips below 80, I’m gone and never look back. So here is another chili recipe not even 3 weeks after the last chili recipe. It’s just who I am.
Last night we were in a huge hurry to get to church for our small group meetings. I defrosted some ground beef the day before and needed to do something with it for dinner. I had VERY minimal ingredients available (my fridge is looking SAD) and only about 20 min to cook.
Here’s what I came up with.
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4-5 Tbs Pioneer Woman’s Taco Seasoning (I make a large batch and keep it in an airtight container)
1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
*optional toppings: additional chopped onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole or fresh avocado, salsa
1) Brown ground beef and onion in a splash of oil on medium-high.
2) Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top and stir to combine.
3) Add can of tomato sauce. Stir occasionally while bringing to a simmer.
4) Turn the heat down and simmer on low for 5-10 min.
5) Serve hot with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
*If you aren’t low carb, you could always add a can of beans (black, pinto or kidney would all work) and/or serve over rice.*