If you’re not eating squash with your eggs yet, then I’m not really sure what you’re doing with your life. Whether you’re meal prepping for the week or need something to take to a potluck, this frittata never fails! It’s packed with veggies and protein and there’s really no better way to start your day. If you prefer a vegetarian dish, you can easily leave out the sausage and add extra veggies instead. The cheese is also optional and feel free to use a plant based milk instead of heavy cream. Enjoy!
1 lb breakfast sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 yellow squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 large tomato chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or milk of your choice
2 tsp dried basil
1 cup of shredded cheese (I prefer either mozzarella or cheddar)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
2) Brown the sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through.
3) Add zucchini, squash and a pinch of salt & pepper and sauté until they become crisp tender.
4) Pour sausage & veggie mixture into prepared dish and spread evenly. Layer chopped tomato on top.
5) In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add the heavy cream, basil, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined.
6) Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage, veggies and tomatoes. Top with your choice of grated cheese.
7) Bake 30-40 min until frittata is bubbly around the edges and the center is set.